Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lofty Aspirations

I've been sitting here reading blogland's reminiscence of the last year and their goals, dreams and aspirations for the new year that is coming to greet us this very night.

I'm going to resist the urge to highlight some of my, well, highlights of the past year because frankly, I've bored the shit out of myself and looking at my readership and the changes that have happened to it, I'm guessing I've bored you too.

As I type this, my son is on a tear and I can tell you that my house will probably not have any remaining door stoppers in the new year. He's going to see to that.

Where was I? Oh right, boring the shit out of you. You're welcome.

This past year hasn't been one of my best, it hasn't been my worst either. This year saw my healthy and beautiful son turn one. A major milestone and one that we welcomed wholeheartedly. My lovely daughter turned freaking nine! That makes me old! Also? I got boobies this year, so yeah, it rocked a little.

I'm pretty sure by blogland's rules and regulations I'm supposed to look ahead to the new year now and say what it is that I want to accomplish. And that, my honey children, is very easy. I want what everyone wants.

To be more awesome. Which will make my husband happy.

Here's the good news, saying that was about as lame as it gets, so at least I said it in 2008 which already is making 2009 less lame.

See? I'm more awesome already. Ahem.

I also hope to use the word 'fuck' less. (That looks like I want to use the word fuckless... but I don't even know what that means.) Now that? Is a lofty aspiration.

With that I'm off to change what I hope is my last poopy diaper of this year.

Happy New Year and may your New Year be happy, bright and not so full of poopydiapers, or more full as the case may be... Whatever it is that you wish for yourself!

8 comments:

LzyMom said...

I'm due in June so I'm sure I'll have lots of poopy diapers next year. How depressing. Hopefully I can get my 2 year old potty trained. Oh, she'll sit on it and then go and pee in the front hall. Sigh.

I hope you have a fabulous New Year's eve and that you get your tooth fixed. :)

KaritaG said...

Sorry I have been a horrible commenter lately, I have had some stuff to deal with, LOL. I can tell your awesomeness is increasing already, as is mine...good luck with the poopy diaper thing. Oh, and saying fuck less...that's something J was on my case for since I've known him...guess I don't have to worry about it now. ;)

Baby N's Mom said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You don't bore me. I'm just a shitty commenter. I swear to be better in '09.

One of my goals is to use the word "fuck" less, too. I can't be certain that will happen, but I'll try.

Happy New Year, my friend :)

Anonymous said...

What! MY NYR is to say 'fuck' more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My goal is to post one comment on someone's blog in 2009.

Whew! Glad that's over the pressure was killing me. Another successful resolution year.

Woo Hooo!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Hopefully, God willing - Buddah, Judah or whatever - I can have at least some good shit to write about this year... :0) Thanks for the inspiration.

Vodka Mom said...

WHy the fuck would you want to do that??

Happy New Year!!