Friday, May 2, 2008

Storming In

Last night my kid slept through the night.

How? I don't know.

Storms tore through our area. Sometime before 3AM I opened one eye as I heard hail hitting my window. I briefly thought to myself "Oh lord, please protect those without shelter and those of us with it, for that matter."

I tossed and turned as I listened to the wind blow. Just waiting for the kid to start stirring.

It never happened.

This morning, I watched the news. Houses were missing. Entire houses. Only the foundations still stood. Amazed I listened as the talking heads said no one was seriously injured. Even those who were driving when their cars were overturned.

Maybe prayers are answered.

I don't know. But I was so relieved I didn't even do my hair today. I threw on a hat and my favorite shirt and bebopped out my door.

Because I'm just that deep, folks.

1 comments:

Viva Scrapper! said...

Storms suck! When I lived in GA we would get the insane sever thunder storms. ....now I'm Back in L.A where the city shuts down when it drizzles.