Monday, May 5, 2008

Pie Makes Everything Better

At least it better. I need all the help I can get and there has to be some excuse for eating pie at 10:00 in the morning. Besides the obvious deliciousness that is Strawberry Rhubarb PIe.

My kid is the gift that keeps on giving so when I woke up with the beginnings of his cold on Saturday morning I gave him a big ol' kiss and said thanks for loving mama, kid.

Sunday was the day after my kid sister's grad party, so who knows how I really felt? I enjoyed the sunshine enough to have my boobs turn a lovely shade of scarlet and then I died a slow death and went to bed at 7:30.

This morning? I feel like a bag of hell.

So I was turbo pleased when my rat sized dog came back smelling like something dead after her morning letting out and I took a moment to realize that I live in a house full of life's best gifts.

Hey, at least I have someone to love and to complain about, right?

So I'm going to take my crispy fried sweater puppies and my pie and go crawl into a dark cool place and hang there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...motherhood. Great isn't it?

K and T said...

I hope you get to feeling better!!

Lee