Friday, June 13, 2008

Someone Better Be In The Hospital... Bleeding

At 6:30 this morning the phone rang.

The house phone.

That is always something bad if it's before 8:00. After 8:00, it's probably some crazy collector from my single days that I'm pretty sure is paid off.

Anyway...

So it rang. Either someone was in the hospital or... no, don't say it.

Or the baby sitter was calling in.

Uh, yeah, that would be it. Like I can afford to miss another day at work.

So I called my mom because I was pretty sure she was home today. I got the answering machine. So I finished getting ready and was all set to pack the kids up to haul them into the office because there are things I HAVE to do today.

And then he says it. My husband comes in the room and says:

"Hon, there's a man on the phone for you."

Huh? I looked at him and said "a man?" and he laughed and said "Yeah, your mom just woke up. She's sounds like a man."

Nice.

But she graciously took my brats for me. And they were brats this morning. Monkey's closet looked like a bomb went off in there when I went to look for a tank top for her. I couldn't reach the clothes through the web of wire hangers she had all jumbled up in the front of them.

No. More. Wire. Hangers.

Yeah, I summoned my best Joan Crawford minus the beating and yelled at her. Awesome, right?

ARGH. My least fave part of being a parent is that annoying discipline thing I have to do.

And Crazyman was in bear mode, whining and clinging to my leg the whole way.

Anyway, this is going no where fast so I'll leave you with this:

This little, blue-eyed Dutch angel?



Does shit like this to every room in the house. Every day.


And then does things like get himself stuck under the freaking rocking chair.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwww!!!!!!! But really, my son could come over to your house and really show your son how to make a mess and climb up really high to locations that I have no idea how he got to. Seriously, wait another year honey. It's all down hill from here!

J said...

I seriously am so scared to have a boy. They do boy stuff! And climb! Oh man.

I have a rug just like yours in my living room!!!


PS. I loved 'Mommy Dearest'! I dont think you could ever be like her!

Bimbo Baggins said...

LOL, your husband called your mom a man. That's funny.

Oh the joys of parenting. I am so glad I don't have a kid in diapers anymore...I certainly have other problems...but no diapers. Unless you count changing Baby Alive's diapers...that stupid little bitch.

Zephyr said...

It's nice how he puts himself into jail after the mess... self punishment!!!

MarĂ­a said...

LMAO! He looked really stuck!

Maggie, Dammit said...

Emma (or whatever her name is) is always getting her head stuck under things. Things like couches. I mean, like, ALWAYS.